Richard T. Asato is a founding partner of Imanaka Asato LLLC. His areas of practice include general real estate development, with an emphasis on resort vacation ownership (timeshare) development. He also practices in the area of commercial financing and community association financing. Over the years, Mr. Asato has worked with his clients on large and complex vacation ownership development projects situated on all of the major Hawaiian Islands. From property acquisition, to development, to the sale of the end product to the ultimate consumer, he guides his clients through Hawaii’s complex regulatory framework to facilitate project success.
Mr. Asato began his legal career as a real estate attorney focusing on the areas of real estate development, condominiums, commercial finance, vacation ownership and resort development. He has played, and continues to play, an active role within the Hawaiian community through his membership and service on various boards and councils, including the Hawaii Lodging and Tourism Authority. He is currently a member of the Punahou School Parents Advancement Council, is a past President of the Punahou Alumni Association, and serves as a Chairman’s League member of the American Resort Development Association, the national trade association for the timeshare industry in the United States.
Mr. Asato received his law degree from J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University and his Bachelor of Science degree from Santa Clara University.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Development and Finance
- Vacation Ownership and Resort Development
- State of Hawaii
- United States District Court, District of Hawaii
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Member
- American Resort Development Association, Chairman’s League Member
- Punahou School Alumni Association Board, President (2014 – 2015)
- Punahou School Parent Advancement Council, Member (2015 – Present)
- Hawaii Lodging & Tourism Association, Board Member