Stephanie Deweese Johnstone is an associate attorney in the Real Estate Development and Finance group of Imanaka Asato LLLC. Ms. Johnstone concentrates her practice in the areas of real estate development, commercial finance, sales and acquisitions, vacation ownership and resort development, land use, transit-oriented development, and general business transactions.
Prior to joining Imanaka Asato, Ms. Johnstone served as a Law Clerk for the United States Attorney’s Office, District of Hawaii, and a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Lawrence M. Reifurth at the State of Hawaii Intermediate Court of Appeals. She also worked as a Legislative Aide and Office Manager at the Hawaii State Senate, where she drafted legislation and managed constituent communications.
Ms. Johnstone earned her law degree from the William S. Richardson School of Law at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. As a law student, she received CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in her Legal Practice I, Legal Practice II, and Business of Law Practice courses. In addition, she served as the Co-Editor in Chief of the University of Hawaii Asian-Pacific Law and Policy Journal, the preeminent legal journal covering issues in Asia and the Pacific Rim. She received her M.B.A. from the Shidler College of Business, and her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Development and Finance
- Residential and Mixed-Use Condominiums and Condominium Hotels
- Vacation Ownership and Resort Development
- Land Use
- Transit-Oriented Development (TOD)
- State of Hawaii
- United States District Court, District of Hawaii
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Member
- Real Property and Financial Services Section, Member
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Young Leader
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Developing Leader
- Hawaii Women Lawyers, Member
- Na Wahine Paani O Punahou, Board Member
Honors and Awards
- Asian-Pacific Law and Policy Journal, Co-Editor in Chief
- CALI Excellence for the Future awards for highest grade in Legal Practice I, Legal Practice II, and Business of Law Practice courses